Wheelchair Rugby Canada Announces National Squad for 2014-2015
After an intense week-long selection camp at the Richmond Olympic Oval, Wheelchair Rugby Canada is pleased to announce the athletes named to the wheelchair rugby national team squad for the 2014-2015.
Though the selected athletes will be eligible to take part in national team events leading up to the 2014 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships, the team that will be attending the World Championships will not be announced until June.
The athletes named to the squad are:
- Garrett Hickling (Dorchester, ON)
- Zak Madell (Okotoks, AB)
- Ian Chan (Richmond, BC)
- Fabien Lavoie (Vancouver, BC)
- David Willsie (Dorchester, ON)
- Cody Caldwell (Cavan, ON)
- Joe Boudreau (Hamilton, ON)
- Travis Murao (Vancouver, BC)
- Patrice Simard (Quebec City, QC)
- Trevor Hirschfield (Vancouver, BC)
- Patrice Dagenais (Embrun, ON)
- Byron Green (Vancouver, BC)
- Miranda Biletski (Regina, SK)
- Charles LeClerc (Montreal, QC)
- Ben Perkins (North Augusta, ON)
- Ian Crowe (London, ON)
- Yanick Racicot (Salaberry de Valleyfield, QC)
“Our selection camp shows that we’ve got a lot of fresh talent in our system,” said Head Coach Kevin Orr. “A lot of athletes who tried out can compete at this level, but I believe we’ve selected the ones who will give us the best chance of winning gold at the 2014 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships.”
The next major event for Team Canada is the 2014 Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament, which will welcome 10 of the top teams to the Richmond Olympic Oval in Richmond, BC from June 19-21.
Article courtesy of www.cwsa.ca