Latest IWRF Rules and Classification Manual released
The IWRF has published the updated version of the International Rules for the Sport of Wheelchair Rugby and the latest revision of the IWRF Classification Manual.
The new versions reflect changes approved at the IWRF 2014 General Assembly. Updates made to the documents are as noted below:
- Updated with the new rule requiring two caster wheels to be used on the anti-tip bar
- New hand function assessments as approved at the General Assembly
- Some sections have been reorganized for ease of use
- The definition of N status is now limited to athletes with no previous international sport class; once classified, athletes with unstable or newly acquired conditions will be included in the R status. This is necessary for consistency with the IPC classification code and does not substantively change how these athletes are classified.
Both documents are available for download at the following links:
- International Rules: www.iwrf.com/?page=rules_and_documents&cat=44
- Classification Manual: www.iwrf.com/?page=rules_and_documents&cat=45
Note: Only documents published in English and distributed by IWRF are recognized as being official. Documents published in other languages are provided as a courtesy, but may not be current or a true interpretation of the official IWRF document.
The IWRF would like to thank our Technical and Classification Committees for their work on updating these documents.